Thursday, October 18, 2012

Locally Grown: The Silver Comet

While it seems most of the small bands I love are out of New England, I'm trying to get better about that.

Which means looking for local artists here in Atlanta. It's not exactly easy because I don't even have one band I'm that interested in (which usually leads to finding a million other small bands in the same region), but I'm looking! And just by nothing but pure luck I came across this one.

Meet The Silver Comet. I know, it's kind of surprising, but that's what I like about them. Take a listen. There's a rock line under each song that has you bobbing your head and tapping your feet, but it's the vocals that hooked me. They're just that good. I can't even begin to guess what they're like live.

I'm actually kind of pissed I didn't know about these guys prior to now. I might have been able to see them before now. Their My Fear of Flying EP is an ever changing collection of songs, but it's still good, even if one song is nothing like the one before. It's not trying too hard, just solidly what it is. It reminds me of the Empire Records soundtrack, then reminds me of the ballad rock of the early 2000s, then back to the underground pop rock scene that's taking over today.

Check it out. Promise you'll like it.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management