Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cage the Elephant Releases New Single "Come a Little Closer"

I haven't talked about them much, but my old friends from Cage the Elephant have just finished up studio time on their newest album. They also released the first single off the album.

I've known these guys in some form of the band for well over a decade, having gone to school with frontman Matt, guitarist Brad and drummer Jared. I first got into shows watching these guys play a coffee house in our home town. I guess I have them to blame for all you see before you. Maybe blame isn't the right word either.

That said, the new track is fantastic. As always, CTE goes off on their own way, doesn't bother with whatever they did before this moment and just pushes forward with what's new, what they're feeling. And apparently they're feeling amazing things.

Check it out and let me know what you think.



I'm definitely looking forward to catching them opening for Muse in a little less than a month, even if I am amazed that I'll be at an arena show, watching the guys who used to play coffee shops and state fairs, but that's the dream right? I couldn't be more proud.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

http://smarturl.it/Melophobia
You can order their new album when it comes out 10/8! I can't wait to hear it.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management