Monday, August 12, 2013

Music for Monday - Sleep On It

There's something new brewing out of Chicago, IL and I have the pleasure of knowing one of the guys in the new pop punk group Sleep On It. They're currently working on a studio album, but you can check out the demos they've already put together on their bandcamp or right here.



I'm not the biggest fan of "Out in the Cold" because it's a bit too Blink 182 for me, but even if you don't dig it, stick it out and give the other two tracks a shot. They're less trite and definitely full of potential. Think something a little like A Loss For Words meets Man Overboard maybe? It's a throwback to how the genre used to sound, which is actually kind of nice. I love the direction that pop punk has taken, but it's nice to throw it back a from time to time. I'm looking forward to seeing what the studio versions sound like.

Check it out, tell me what you think, then hit them up.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management